These are a few of the graphic design and web development projects I’ve worked on. Click/tap on a project’s thumbnail image to read more about it.
In his work, Damian demonstrated deep technological understanding, high professionalism, attention to details, and great communication skills. The results were beyond my expectations, and were delivered in a timely manner. Would highly recommend!
— Lior Grossman on Darkness Gmail theme
There is absolutely nothing that I can say that Damian did not excel at. He has great communication and accomplished everything I was looking for in my customized WordPress theme. I really enjoyed working with him and love my new site!
— Jenny Humora on The Mom’s Guide to San Diego
Damian did an amazing job of making our company’s vision of website presence come to life. Every time we had an idea, he found a way to implement it in a user-friendly and aesthetic manner. We couldn’t be happier with the site and Damian’s excellent work.
— Ramon Green on Symbiomech Industries website
Damian was an absolute pleasure to work with! He is an excellent designer and knows what he does well. Damian was always available to answer my questions and was extremely prompt with his responses. He always maintained his professionalism. I hope to use him again in the future!
— Jessica Soslow on Aemtek email signature
I’ll not only design your website to look pretty, but also make it easy and intuitive to use, encouraging your visitors to stay longer.
People are impatient, so don’t make them wait. I can optimize your website to increase efficiency and reduce restless finger-tapping.
Responsive Web Design
The Web is viewed on a diverse range of screens, whether a 5-inch phone or a 50-inch TV. I can develop your website with an adaptable, shape-shifting layout that fits on any size screen.
I develop custom themes for WordPress, the popular content management system that can help you easily write and publish content on your website through a simple, user-friendly interface.
I develop websites to W3C standards and I follow best coding practices. I strive to make web pages accessible, including to people who use outdated web browsers or alternative input devices.
Search Engine Optimization
The top few results on search engines like Google are crucial for getting people to discover your website. I know the SEO methods that’ll help raise your website to the upper ranks in search results.
In addition to web design, I do other forms of graphic design, including logos, icons, posters, app GUIs, and photographic editing.
I’ll make your products or services interesting and desirable to your potential customers, helping you sell more.
My name is Damian Schmidt, and I’m a freelance graphic designer and front-end web developer.
I became a web and graphic designer because of my interest in things that can be created in a way that’s pleasant to look at yet also practical to use, blending form with function.
In 2011, I graduated with high honors from Northern Essex Community College in Haverhill, Massachusetts with a certificate in web page design and development. I keep my knowledge on the cutting-edge by regularly paying attention to the latest news in web technologies and trends.
I live in Massachusetts, but I’ve worked remotely with clients elsewhere in North America as well as in Europe and the Middle East. I do jobs mostly for small and medium-sized businesses.
On the freelancer-hiring hub Upwork, I’m regarded as a “Top Rated” freelancer for my “consistent and successful Upwork work history” and having a job success rate of 100%.
I’m creative, detail-oriented, organized, and driven to producing exceptional work. When I’m not doing design stuff, I might be secretly fighting crime in a colorful, skin-tight outfit.
My Skills and Tools
The web languages I have proficient knowledge in are:
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- XML (and related languages)
I also have some familiarity with:
The applications I typically use for my work include:
- Adobe Photoshop for enhancing and manipulating photographs and other images
- Adobe Illustrator for creating vector-based graphics such as logos and icons
- Microsoft Visual Studio Code for web development
- A variety of web browsers on a desktop computer and smartphones for testing websites’ cross-browser compatibility; Google Chrome is the primary browser I use for development
- Local by Flywheel for running a locally hosted web server on my computer
- Git for managing version control in files of website projects
- FileOptimizer for reducing the file size of images and other files before uploading
- WinSCP for uploading files onto a remote web server via FTP/SFTP
- WordPress for coding and testing custom-made WordPress themes
- WooCommerce for setting up online stores on WordPress sites
For web development, I also use Node.js with a few NPM packages, primarily including:
- Node-Sass for compiling SCSS into regular CSS
- Autoprefixer for adding CSS properties with browser-specific prefixes for improved compatibility
- Browsersync for automatically reloading a web page I’m working on whenever I save changes to the site’s files
- Susy 2 for setting up float-based grid systems with CSS (it’s better than Bootstrap, in my opinion)
Get in touch with me by either filling out the form below or emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re interested in hiring me for my freelance services, please briefly describe what your project is and I’ll give you my quote.