In addition to web design, I do other forms of graphic design, including logos, icons, posters, app GUIs, and photographic editing.
I develop custom themes for WordPress, the popular content management system that can help you easily write and publish content on your website through a simple, user-friendly interface.
People are impatient, so don’t make them wait. I can optimize your website to increase efficiency and reduce restless finger-tapping.
I’ll not only design your website to look pretty, but also make it easy and intuitive to use, encouraging your visitors to stay longer.
Responsive Web Design
The Web is viewed on a diverse range of screens, whether a 5-inch phone or a 50-inch TV. I can develop your website with an adaptable, shape-shifting layout that fits on any size screen.
Search Engine Optimization
The top few results on search engines like Google are crucial for getting people to discover your website. I know the SEO methods that’ll help raise your website to the upper ranks in search results.
I develop websites to W3C standards and I follow best coding practices. I strive to make web pages accessible, including to people who use outdated web browsers or alternative input devices.
I’ll make your products or services interesting and desirable to your potential customers, helping you sell more.
These are a few of the graphic design and web development projects I’ve worked on. Click/tap on a project’s thumbnail image to read more about it.
ScoreOSGraphical user interface for app
The Mom’s Guide to San DiegoWordPress website renovations
Patriotic Underwear Guy on Giant Bald EaglePhoto manipulation
Symbiomech IndustriesWordPress e-commerce website and logo
Iristorm DesignWebsite, logo, and other graphics
EON Sports VRImage editing and graphics
Map ProjectsInfographics and web app
Darkness Gmail ThemeWeb browser extension
Winter WarlandGraphical user interface for video game
My name is Damian Schmidt, and I’m a freelance graphic designer and front-end web developer.
I took on this career path because of my interest in things that can be created in a way that’s pleasant to look at yet also practical to use, blending form with function.
I graduated with high honors from Northern Essex Community College in Haverhill, Massachusetts in 2011 with a certificate in web page design and development. I keep my knowledge on the cutting-edge by regularly paying attention to the latest news in web technologies and trends.
I live in Massachusetts, and I work remotely via the Internet with clients elsewhere in the United States as well as internationally. I do jobs mostly for small- and medium-sized organizations.
On the freelancer-hiring hub Upwork, I’m regarded a “Top Rated” freelancer for my “consistent and successful Upwork work history.”
I’m creative, detail-oriented, organized, and driven to producing exceptional work. When I’m not doing design stuff, I might be secretly fighting crime in a colorful, skin-tight outfit.
My Skills and Tools
Building quality websites requires a range of different skills and tools. These are mine:
- HTML 5 and XHTML
- CSS 3
- JSON, XML, and similar languages
- Adobe Photoshop for enhancing and manipulating photographs and other images
- Adobe Illustrator for creating vector-based graphics such as logos and icons
- Microsoft Visual Studio Code for web development
- A variety of web browsers on a desktop computer and smartphones for testing websites’ cross-browser compatibility; Google Chrome is the primary browser I use for development
- Local by Flywheel for running a locally hosted web server on my computer
- Git for managing version control in files of website projects
- FileOptimizer for reducing the file size of images and other files before uploading
- WinSCP for uploading files onto a remote web server via FTP/SFTP
- WordPress for coding and testing custom-made WordPress themes
- WooCommerce for setting up online stores on WordPress sites
- Node-Sass for compiling SCSS into plain CSS
- Autoprefixer for adding CSS properties with vendor-specific prefixes to improve cross-browser compatibility
- Browsersync for automatically reloading a web page I’m working on whenever I save changes to the site’s files
- npm-run-all and onchange for optimizing my workflow with my custom NPM scripts
In his work, Damian demonstrated deep technological understanding, high professionalism, attention to details, and great communication skills. The results were beyond my expectations, and were delivered in a timely manner. Would highly recommend!
— Lior Grossman on Darkness Gmail theme
There is absolutely nothing that I can say that Damian did not excel at. He has great communication and accomplished everything I was looking for in my customized WordPress theme. I really enjoyed working with him and love my new site!
— Jenny Humora on The Mom’s Guide to San Diego
Damian did an amazing job of making our company’s vision of website presence come to life. Every time we had an idea, he found a way to implement it in a user-friendly and aesthetic manner. We couldn’t be happier with the site and Damian’s excellent work.
— Ramon Green on Symbiomech Industries website
Damian was an absolute pleasure to work with! He is an excellent designer and knows what he does well. Damian was always available to answer my questions and was extremely prompt with his responses. He always maintained his professionalism. I hope to use him again in the future!
— Jessica Soslow on Aemtek email signature
You can reach me by either filling out the form below or emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested in hiring me for my freelance services, please briefly describe what your project is and I’ll give you my quote.